Friday, September 7, 2012

Apple Strudel


I was thinking to learn how to make puff pastry. I bought this one from Grandlucky. Looking at the tutorials coming from the web is kind of intimidating for me and if I may say, its a lot of work. Not to mention i have to clean up the mess haha. One day I will give it a try, promise! Okay so now you know I didn't make the puff pastry, just the filling. I got the recipe from masterchef.com.au. He posted how to make the pastry, apple filling and the vanilla custard. Please give it a try, It's worth it!


Apple strudel from masterchef.com.au

Ingredients

Strudel pastry
  • 225g plain flour, plus extra for kneading
  • 1 whole egg
  • 125ml warm milk
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 30g butter, melted
Apple filling
  • 5 pink lady apples
  • 60ml brandy
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • ¼ cup raisins
  • ¼ cup flaked almonds
  • Zest of 1 lemon
  • ¾ cup (165g) brown sugar
  • 125g fresh sourdough breadcrumbs
  • 60g butter, melted for brushing
  • Icing sugar, for dusting
  • Double cream, to serve
Vanilla Custard
  • 300ml pouring cream
  • 200ml milk
  • 1 vanilla pod, split and seeds scraped
  • 5egg yolks
  • ¼ cup caster sugar
  • 25g corn flour

No comments:

Post a Comment