Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Halo-halo

The last time I had Halo-halo was 6 years ago.I was longing to savor it again. After my plane landed, the first thing I did was to look for a place where to find this yummy and cold merienda (snack). I remember when I was young. My mom used to prepare this for us. I love to fill my halo-halo glass with sweetened langka (jack fruit). Can you guess what is the best ever topping for me? Right! Leche Flan. Not my lucky day as this have Ube toppings! :-) Please enjoy the recipe from Del Monte.

 http://www.delmonte.ph/kitchenomics/recipe/tropical-halo-halo

Halo-halo by Mangan in MOA (Mall of Asia)

Ingredients

½ cupPinipig
3 pcLacatan Bananas(ripe)
½ tspCalamansi Juice
1 cupSago(cooked)
1 barGreen Gulaman(shredded)
⅓ cupSugar
¾ cupFresh Coconut Milk(thick, mixed with 3 tbsps sugar then chilled)
Crushed Ice
½ cupWater(for syrup of sago)
¼ cupSugar(for syrup of sago)
1 pcPandan Leaves(for syrup of sago)
1/4 cupCooking Oil
1-3/4 cupsWater
1 can (227 grams)Del Monte
Pineapple Tidbits
(drained, reserve syrup)

Cooking Procedure:

  1. Fry pinipig in ¼ cup oil until puffed. Set aside. Slice banana and soak in pineapple syrup and calamansi juice. Set aside.
  2. Syrup:
    Boil ingredients then add sago. Simmer for 5 minutes. Set aside.
  3. Boil 1¾ cups water. Add gulaman. Stir until all pieces are almost dissolved. Strain into 7”x7” pan. Add sugar and stir until dissolved. Arrange DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits in gulaman. Chill until firm then cut into cubes.
  4. In individual glasses, arrange alternately layer of drained bananas, sago with syrup, gulaman cubes and crushed ice. Pour 3 tablespoons of coconut milk. Top with pinipig. Serve immediately.
    Makes 6 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment